Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (2 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness (about 1/2 in.) and place in a shallow baking pan or plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cilantro, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and turn pieces to coat evenly. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Lay chicken on a grill over medium heat (you can hold your hand over the surface only 4 to 5 seconds) and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
This is just my own concoction - so feel free to adjust to your liking!
2 cups water
1 cup rice
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
1 clove crushed garlic
2-3 TBS chopped sliced jalapenos (from a jar)
1/4 cup black beans
salt to taste
Directions: Boil water and cook rice. When rice is almost fully cooked, add tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos, black beans, and salt. Cook until heated through.
Source: Chicken recipe from myrecipes.com