Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Honey Dipping Sauce



As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries!  Thank you Foodbuzz and Ore-Ida!  I love food...and it's even better when it's free :) 


Fries have always been a comfort food for me.  Sweet potato fries have been a new addition to my list of favorites.  They offer the same tasty deliciousness that regular fries do but with a hint of sweetness and more distinct flavor.  Call me crazy, but they also taste healthier than regular fries....and some research has actually proven this to be true.  Sweet potatoes (or yams) are a great source of Vitamin A, and when you bake them at home they are even better because they do not have all the added calories from being deep fried in oil at a restaurant.  


The best part is, they are easy to make and you don't have to add a lot to make these bad boys taste good.  In fact, I didn't even add salt to them this time (usually I would drizzle them with oil and sprinkle seasoning salt on them).  


Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Honey Dipping Sauce 
(2-3 servings) 


Half package Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries (or sliced sweet potato wedges) - baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes (flip half way through).  


Spicy Honey Dipping Sauce: 
1 tsp spicy mustard (we love Koops' "Arizona Heat")
1 tsp spicy BBQ sauce (we love "Devil's Spit" from Famous Dave's...it's smokin' hot!)
2 tsp ranch dressing
1 tsp honey


I know it sounds simple, but trust me - it's so much better than dipping them in plain ketchup!  Enjoy! :)  

No comments: