I'm sorry for the incessant ice cream posts...but I just can't help myself. I feel like since it is summer, I have an excuse - and I'm trying to fit in as many batches as I can before summer is over. But what excuse am I going to have when I am still making 1-2 batches a week in the winter?? Oh boy. Yes, I think we have an addiction. Someone actually told me today that they couldn't eat ice cream two days in a row. That is ridiculous. I could eat ice cream twice a day.
If you haven't already bought yourself an ice cream maker...go do it now. Go. Go to the store or go online...and just do it. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
- 4 Heath bars frozen (1 1/8 ounces each)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/4- to 1/2-inch chunks. You should have about a cup.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, and continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, milk and vanilla extract, and whisk to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is fully frozen), add the candy (broken up into pieces), then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- Source: Ben & Jerry's