Thursday, August 09, 2012

let's hear it for homemade

So....I am on a bit of a homemade kick.....but not just food....I am branching out to household cleaners and more!  My sister-in-law introduced me to homemade laundry soup, which I was very excited about because it makes A TON and is super cheap and easy to make!  I also made homemade hand soap & body wash.  Last but not least...I also made oil face cleanser, and mint essential oil.  My friend inspired me to try the "Oil Cleansing Method" and I have absolutely loved it!  I would highly recommend it to anyone.  I personally use a blend of castor oil, grapeseed oil, mint essential oil (see recipe pictured below), and jojoba oil.  The key is finding a combination that works well with your skin.  I honestly never used to wash my face at night (I know, right?  yuck).  Now, I make it part of my nightly routine...and I feel so much better going to bed with a soft, clean face. :)  Yay adulthood!

Have you tried to make anything homemade other than food lately?  Please feel free to share your ideas and creations!


1 comment:

Katie said...

This might not count- but I made some awesome homemade playdough recently :) Super awesome texture and very easy! I'll be curious to see what other people share!