Here is a quick & easy breakfast idea that can be made the night before and lasts for a few days if you are eating it in individual servings each morning. I warmed it up just like oatmeal in the morning and then topped it with fruit, nuts, and maple syrup. Plus it's super filling and packed with protein - so hopefully it will tie you over until lunch! Feel free to adjust with different types of fruit and nuts - make it your own! :)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk + more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- pinch of salt
- 1 banana, chopped (or any berry or fruit of choice)
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped (or almonds or nut of choice)
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
Combine quinoa, coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 15 minutes until quinoa can be fluffed with a fork.
Divide quinoa into individual servings, then cover with bananas, pecans, and a few extra drizzles of coconut milk and maple syrup.
You could also substitute almond milk for drizzling or boiling the quinoa in, but you may need to adjust the amount and it will definitely change the flavor.