Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

In honor of St. Patrick's Day this week...(and my love of mint & chocolate), I decided to make green mint chocolate chip cookies. Well...everything was going great...and then, I had another "FAIL!" moment when I was attempting to pull the cookies out of the oven to check to see if they were done...and they all slid off the cookie sheet onto the bottom of the oven and smashed in the crack of the over door. Needless to say, I was devastated. I was left with a glob of almost done cookie mess. Although I did still have enough dough left to make another tray...so luckily it wasn't a complete loss. I was also disappointed that they didn't stay as green after being baked..but they still tasted good!




Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Mint extract
6-8 drops green food coloring
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
1/2 c. mint green chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together with wooden spoon or high speed mixer. Beat in egg. Stir in vanilla, mint extract, and food coloring. Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter mixture along with chocolate and mint chips. Stir until well combined.

Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet or parchment paper on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack. (DON'T SPILL WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OUT OF THE OVEN! :))


No comments: