Here is my adapted recipe:
(Original recipe from Cristina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love)
- 25 small sea scallops (or 12 large)
- Fresh ground sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp clarified butter (you may have to adjust this to be more or less depending on the size and amount of scallops)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and squeezed
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Heat butter on medium high.
- Pat scallops dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Spread sugar on a plate and dip one side of each scallop into the sugar before placing it into the saute pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the scallops are nicely seared. Flip and cook for another two minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and reduce the sauce by half.
- Serve scallops topped with pan sauce, lemon zest, parsley.
Total time: 20 minutes
Source: Confections of a Foodie Bride - original recipe from Cristina Ferrare’s Big Bowl of Love © 2011 by Cristina Ferrare.