Friday, April 08, 2011

"Don't crowd the mushrooms"...


I apologize for the horrible picture. My camera died the second after I took this, so I couldn't try to get any better shots before I devoured the meal. But I assure you, it tasted better than it looks! It was delicious! I really wish I had a better camera and better lighting....

I didn't have port on hand, so I used a red wine blend. I also made garlic mashed potatoes and a small caprese salad on the side with one basil leaf, grape tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls.

Chicken with Port and Mushroom Sauce

Ingredients:

30g butter

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

200g button mushrooms

150ml port

100ml cream

salt and freshly grounded pepper

fresh parsley, for sprinkling

Process: Melt the butter in a pan, season the chicken and cook it on both side for 3-5 minutes until nicely brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Slice the mushrooms and brown the in the same pan where the chicken was cooking. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do this in two batches: if too many mushrooms will be added they will cook in their own juices instead of browning.

When the mushrooms have browned add the port and let it bubble for a couple of minutes, stir in cream, return the chicken to the pan and cook for a 5 more minutes, just enough to let the sauce thicken. Taste to check the season and add salt and pepper as needed.

Serve the chicken with boiled rice and a sprinkle of parsley.

Source: Gourmantine's Blog



1 comment:

Kelley said...

You can come and cook for me ANYTIME!! I wish I had the time:-)