Tuesday, April 05, 2011

My Little Love Affair with Mint

I've been told I have a little love affair with mint....(thanks Jodi :)) and I suppose it's true! I just think it's a simply wonderful thing. I mean, seriously. It tastes good in food, drinks, dessert...AND it's the flavor of your average toothpaste. How can you go wrong?

So here is a another way for you to incorporate mint into your meal :)

Asparagus with Lime & Mint

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 lb. of asparagus, trimmed
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive, sunflower, or grapeseed oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Fresh ground pepper
  • 1-2 fresh limes (yielding a total of 1 1/2 Tablespoons of juice)
  • 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped or cut in a chiffonade*

*To chiffonade mint, stack a few leaves, roll leaves up like a cigar, starting at one end, make your way down the roll, making thin slices.


METHOD

1 Heat the oil in a wide sauté or frying pan on medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, cooking for about 5 minutes until fragrant.

2 Put on a plate and squeeze lime juice over the asparagus and sprinkle on the mint.

Serves 4.

Source: Simply Recipes

P.S. I was really sad that I didn't get a picture of the final product - but our friends arrived for dinner before it was ready so I didn't get to snap a photo - and it was so good that we ate it all up and didn't have any leftovers for me to take a photo of :) Oh well! Next time!

No comments: