There are two things I know.
I love coffee...
...and I love pumpkin.
The two together make magical deliciousness in a cup.
As part of the the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program I received free Godiva Coffee - Pumpkin Spice (and Carmel Pecan Bark as well)! Thank you Foodbuzz!
I have definitely been addicted to Pumpkin Spice lattes this season - so I thought, why not try it at home? The free pumpkin spice coffee from Godiva also was inspiration for making this extra pumpkin-spicey drink!
I do not have a fancy espresso machine, but I love using the Bialetti Moka pot pictured above to make espresso-like strong coffee.
Pumpkin Spice Latte with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
o For the pumpkin spice syrup:
o 1 1/2 cups water
o 1 1/2 cups sugar
o 4 cinnamon sticks or 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
o 1/2 tsp ground cloves
o 1/2 tsp ground ginger
o 1 tsp ground nutmeg
o 3 Tbsp canned pumpkin
o For a single latte:
o 1 shot of espresso or 2-4 Tbsp very strongly brewed coffee (I used Godiva Pumpkin Spice coffee)
o 6-8 oz milk, heated or steamed until very hot
o 1-2 Tbsp pumpkin spice syrup (or to taste)
o Whipped cream, optional
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
o 1 c. heavy whipping cream
o 2 tsp. pure vanilla bean paste or extract
o 2 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Add Vanilla and cream together in a chilled bowl and beat until peaks start to form. If you are using a stand mixer put the whip attachment and use about 6 speed for about 5 minutes.
2. Slowly add your sugar and whip again until peaks form again. Refrigerate.
1. To make the syrup: Cook sugar and water in a small pot over medium heat until the mixture is completely clear.
2. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not allow mixture to come to a boil.
3. Allow mixture to cool for 10-15 minutes.
4. Strain syrup through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer into a large jar or bottle of your choice.
5. Keep syrup in the fridge, it will last a while.
6. To make the latte, combine coffee with heated milk, and 1-2 Tbsp of pumpkin spice syrup (add to taste).
7. Top with whipped cream, if desired.