Friday, March 18, 2011

Homemade Pizza: Take 2!

So, after my failed attempt last week (you can read about it here)...I decided to try again at making homemade pizza from scratch. Luckily, I already had pre-made the dough and froze it from last week, so that helped save time. This time it was a success!!


My main problem last time was that I had pre-heated the oven with the pizza stone in it, and made the pizza on the counter...with no way to transfer it to the hot pizza stone. Whoops. So this time, I still pre-heated the oven with the stone, but since my dough was still a little cold after thawing out, I shaped the dough flat right onto the pizza stone, and built my pizza from there. It worked great!

Here are my pizza fixins:
Homemade dough (see recipe here)
Pesto
Tomato Sauce or Paste
Fresh Spinach
Mozzarella Cheese
Mushrooms (2-3, sliced)
Red & Green Pepper
Onion
JalapeƱo
Fresh Basil
Bacon (cook on stove for about 5-8 minutes, just make sure not to overcook because it will cook more in the oven. Then chop and spread over pizza. I love bacon!)

Bake at 450F for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: