Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pesto & Feta Pasta with Grilled Chicken



This is nothing mind blowing.  I don't even think I need to post an actual recipe for this one. :)  I simply grilled the chicken, cooked the pasta, sauteed the mushrooms, tossed the pesto with pasta - mixed it all together, topped it with feta and voila!  There you have it.

But just in case you'd like to know how to make the pesto I used - here it is!  It was the basil, mint & garlic scape recipe I had made and froze half of it to use at a later date (aka: now).  It was a perfect to have the pesto on hand to throw together this quick and easy meal!

Basil, Mint & Garlic Scape Pesto 
1/2 c. basil
1/2 c. mint (I used spearmint, peppermint, & citrus mint) 
1 c. garlic scapes
2 TBS. pine nuts
1 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper 
1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese, grated


Directions:
Blend the scapes, mint, basil, pine nuts, salt, and pepper in a food processor.  Process, adding the oil a bit at a time, until desired consistency.  Stir in Parmesan cheese.  Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.  Makes about 1 1/2 c. pesto.


No comments: