Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream



I'm sorry for the incessant ice cream posts...but I just can't help myself.  I feel like since it is summer, I have an excuse - and I'm trying to fit in as many batches as I can before summer is over.  But what excuse am I going to have when I am still making 1-2 batches a week in the winter??  Oh boy.  Yes, I think we have an addiction.   Someone actually told me today that they couldn't eat ice cream two days in a row.  That is ridiculous.  I could eat ice cream twice a day.  


If you haven't already bought yourself an ice cream maker...go do it now.  Go.  Go to the store or go online...and just do it.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  


Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream 

  • 4 Heath bars frozen (1 1/8 ounces each)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

1.
Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/4- to 1/2-inch chunks. You should have about a cup. 
2.
Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, and continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, milk and vanilla extract, and whisk to blend.
3.
Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze, following the manufacturer's instructions.
4.
After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is fully frozen), add the candy (broken up into pieces), then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
Source: Ben & Jerry's

No comments: