Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stuffed Bell Peppers

 I am super proud and happy to announce that today's recipe is brought to you by none other than my very own....husband! 
I have been very blessed to have him in my life and I am constantly amazed by how much he does for me.  I know I don't thank him enough!  I have been sick on and off the last couple weeks and with me working and him having a break from school - he has definitely stepped up his game to help out with cleaning and meals.  

So you may be seeing a few more of his works around here!

Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serves 6-8

Ingredients
For Rice:
1 cup brown rice
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth

Preparation:
Combine rice and broth together until it comes to a boil.  Then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 40-50 minutes until thoroughly cooked.  Set aside and let sit for 10 minutes.

For Peppers:

4-6  Bell peppers (any color)
1 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons Italian parsley
14 oz tomato paste
1 tablespoons thyme
1 teaspoon marjoram
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcester sauce
1 cup bread crumbs 
1/2 cup ketchup 

Preparation:
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients (except the bell peppers) until thoroughly incorporated and set aside.

In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the peppers from heat and dry on paper towels. Once cool stuff the peppers with the meat mixture and set inside a baking dish and bake until thoroughly baked (about 35-45 minutes.)  Let sit for 10 minutes and serve!

Source: adapted from Epicurean Mom 

No comments: