Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Frozen" Movie Cake Pops & Birthday Party

My sister Leah is a phenomenal party planner.  From birthdays to baby showers, weddings, & engagements - she sets the bar high.  When it comes to her kids, she pulls out all the stops.  This year my sister threw a joint birthday party for my niece Kaydence & nephew Quincey since their birthdays are only a month apart and they are still young enough not to care if they have to share.   The theme was "Frozen" because that it is my niece's favorite movie and because it was held at her favorite frozen yogurt bar, Yo-Mama. Guests were encouraged to wear their favorite "Frozen" movie character costume.  Kaydence made such a pretty Elsa, and Quincey played a perfect Olaf the snowman!

 Since my sister asked me to make cake pops for the occasion and take photos at the party - I thought I'd share them with you.  If you are thinking of throwing a "Frozen" movie theme party - hopefully this gives you some inspiration! 
Cooking11 KK

My parents are such wonderful grandparents and they went above & beyond by dressing up as "Olaf" & "Olga" (aka: Mrs. Olaf - a character made up by them).  Kaydence & Quincey were so thrilled when they saw them walk in - it was a great surprise!  My dad kept rehearsing the line "I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!" - so cute! :) 

KK&Q

I loved that at certain angles Quincey truly looked like Olaf when you couldn't see his face - haha! :)  It was a great day spent with family and friends.  And at the end of the day...a very tired little princess was sad to go home...

KKQBday

No comments: