Saturday, February 07, 2015

P.F. Chang's Copycat Chicken Lettuce Wraps


I wish we lived closer to a P.F. Chang's.  It would be very dangerous though...because I'm pretty sure I would want to go there every week. :)  Since I rarely have the opportunity to go there, I have to try to make my own version of some my favorite P.F. Chang's dishes such as these Chicken Lettuce Wraps. 


I was super happy with the result of this recipe and it definitely comes close, if not exact, to P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps.  Also, I found that replacing a tortilla with lettuce for a wrap is my new favorite thing and quite delicious and healthy.  It can be a little bit messy since the lettuce is fragile and might break open but you can always just eat it with a fork if that happens. :)  Hope you give these a try! 

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serves 4 

Ingredients: 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 head romaine lettuce (or butter lettuce)

Directions: 
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.

To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.

Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious

No comments: